I’m not the earliest of risers, but I am never late. Unfortunately that gives me little time to enjoy the morning and get the most out of it. If I could just wake up an hour early I could have time to enjoy my coffee, eat a healthy breakfast, maybe even do a little yoga or take a short bike ride.
So my challenge for the week of July 8-14 is to be an early riser! Look at all the things I’ll have time to do!
- Brew/Drink a cup of coffee
- Eat a delicious breakfast of eggs and toast maybe. Or even make some “home-fries” potatoes (a recently perfected recipe, I might add! If you’re lucky, I might share it!)
- Look my best. Usually I wake up with just enough time to throw on some clothes and head out the door.
- Do some ten-minute yoga on Netflix with my new yoga mat! Maybe even light a candle and meditate/pray.
- Read a chapter from my book! (This week I’m reading the first book in George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series)
- Do some reps on my hand weights.
- Pack a lunch!
- Read the news!
These are things I try to find time to do during the day, but don’t always squeeze it all in. If I wake up at 7 (which is when my alarm goes off anyway, by the way – I just press snooze!) and get the heck out of bed, I can accomplish these things.
Do I go to bed to late at night? Yes. Am I a grouch/lazy when I first wake up? You bet. Can I do it? Try and stop me.
I made a new ringtone for my alarm using System of a Down’s Chop Suey. If that won’t start my engines, I don’t know what will.
Join me for this week’s challenge! Wake up an hour earlier and see what you can accomplish! Let me know in the comments below!